Certificate of Personal Effectiveness (CoPE)
This course is one day per week.
The ASDAN CoPE Award aims to help you to develop and demonstrate a range of skills and to provide a way in which you can gain credit for what you have learnt from the wide variety of activities you are undertaking both inside and outside formal education.
ASDAN CoPE can recognise your personal achievements; help you manage your own learning; broaden your experience; develop your employability skills and personal effectiveness; help build your Progress File; and add to your GCSE qualifications.
In order to gain the CoPE you must:
1. Take responsibility for planning, organising and carrying out a number of activities or challenges
2. Develop and provide evidence of working with others, improving own learning and performance and problem solving
3. Develop and provide evidence of the skills of research, discussion and presentation
4. Produce evidence of your achievements in a Portfolio (file or folder)
The type of activities will depend on the young people involved but could include organising fundraising events, running a small business, getting involved in the local community, visiting companies in the area and attending college courses.
• Level 1 or 2 Course
• Equivalent to 1 GCSE A* – G Grade
• QCA Score Level
2 = 46; Level 1 = 25