As you may be already be aware, students are not entitled to receive free transport to school when they join the Sixth Form. However, to help support Sixth Form students to get here, The Gryphon School contracts transport operating from a variety of locations. In addition, limited numbers of surplus seats are available on routes operated by South West Coaches on behalf of Dorset County Council.
The application process for school bus places, including important deadlines, is as follows:
- Services/routes run by South West Coaches are detailed on the South West Coaches website – http://www.southwestcoaches.co.uk/school-services . Applications for seats on these routes from Sixth form students must be made using the Surplus Seat Application form (attached to this email). The form should be returned to email@example.com or alternatively posted to: South West Coaches, Surplus Seat Applications, 11 Oak Way, Lufton Business Park, Yeovil, BA22 8HS. The opening date for applications is MONDAY 5th MARCH at 9am and is on a strictly first-come first- served basis.
- Services run by The Gryphon School are shown on our website – https://www.gryphon.dorset.sch.uk/school-life/school-transport/ . New contracts for these services are currently being tendered and we hope to publish details after the Easter holidays. The application process for seats on Gryphon School run buses will be opened in May; Sixth Form students will be given a two week period of priority to apply, after which the application process will be open to the whole school. More information will be sent to you closer to the time and will also be available on our website. Any queries about this should be directed to the school bursary: Finance@gryphon.dorset.sch.uk
Important things to note:
- If your son/daughter requires a place on a bus for the next academic year (2018-19) then you must complete the application procedure as detailed above –EVEN IF THEY ARE ALREADY TRAVELLING TO SCHOOL ON A BUS
- Please DO NOT SEND THE SOUTH WEST COACHES SURPLUS SEAT APPLICATION FORM TO THE GRYPHON SCHOOL; these forms are processed by South West Coaches and not the school
- Surplus Seat allocation by South West Coaches is managed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The opening date for surplus seat applications with South West Coaches is MONDAY 5th March at 9am.
Click on the following link for more information about Sixth Form travel arrangements.
Bus Information for Sixth Form 2017-18Download
See School Transport page for more details, an overview of bus schedules and individual bus timetables.
Information about disruption to school transport can be found by visiting the Dorset County Council website: https://www.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/school-transport/school-transport-updates