The Gryphon offers an intensive programme of training and support for Newly Qualified Teachers. The programme develops outstanding teachers who have a broad range of skills and experience in all aspects of pedagogy. NQTs are mentored by outstanding practitioners and receive a personalised programme of support. All NQTs undertake a piece of action research which allows them to develop expertise in a chosen area.
The NQT programme starts with a paid week in July (see sample programme below) and continues with a range of training and mentoring throughout the first year. All NQTs will have bespoke sessions covering:
- Data Reviews and cover lessons
- Parents’ Evenings & Profiles
- Building positive relationships with students
- Behaviour management
- Time and stress management
- Starters and Plenaries
- Working with TAs
- Organising trips and visits
- Faking it!
- Preparation for your tutor group
- Preparing for appraisal
Sample NQT Induction Week