Are you eligible for Free School Meals?
If your family’s circumstances have changed during these difficult times you may be entitled to apply for Free School Meals.
Who can get free school meals?
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit; this is as long as you’re not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual gross income is no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ payment (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit: this is as long as your household income is less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you think you now qualify, please don’t hesitate – you can apply online on the Dorset For You website
While school is closed to the majority of students we are providing Free School Meals in the form of vouchers for local supermarkets.