Parent Carers Disability Rights Events
The parent carer forums in Dorset (Dorset Parent Carer Council & Parent Carers Together) are working with Disability Rights UK and Ansbury Guidance are pleased to be offering workshops at 4 venues across Dorset which have been designed to help your understanding of transition to adulthood.
Each event will be able to cater for up to 25 people. The sessions are primarily aimed at parent carers of young people in year 9 and above (age 13/14 – 25).
The events will cover a range of topics and by the end of the day you will have:
- Greater understanding of post-16 education, training and work options
- More knowledge about EHC plans
- Greater knowledge about careers information, advice and guidance
- More knowledge of the support that is available in education, training and employment
- Increased knowledge of relevant resources
- Greater understanding of the Gatsby Benchmarks
For more details and information about how to book your place please use the links below.
-3rd October- Durweston Village Hall, Blandford Forum
-4th October- “The Bridge”, Littledown, Bournemouth
-7th October- United Church, Dorchester
-11th October- Barrington Centre, Ferndown