BTEC Level 3 National Travel and Tourism
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Travel & Tourism
(equivalent to a full A Level)
Why study BTEC Level 3 National in Travel & Tourism?
These qualifications have been designed to provide an all-round introduction to the travel and tourism sector for those who wish to further their careers in one of its many connected industries, including retail travel, visitor attractions, accommodation, transport and tour operations.
The Edexcel BTEC Nationals in Travel & Tourism are designed to:
- provide an introduction to the study of the travel and tourism sector
- give entrants to the sector the underpinning knowledge and skills needed to meet industry and higher education requirements
- allow students to develop the transferable and higher
order skills so highly regarded by HE and employers
What will I study?
- Unit 1 – The World of Travel & Tourism
- Unit 2 – Global Destinations
- Unit 3 – Managing the Customer Experience
1 Optional Unit* to be selected from:
- The Airport Experience
- Specialist Tourism
- Visitor Attractions
- Events, Conferences & Exhibitions
- Work Experience in Travel & Tourism
*Final optional unit to be confirmed
How will I be assessed?
The new BTEC Nationals use a combination of assessment styles to enable learners to showcase their skills and application of knowledge, so they can progress to higher education or employment. There are three types of assessment:
- Assignments – set and marked by the school (verified by Pearson)
- Tasks – set and marked by Pearson
- Written exam – set and marked by Pearson
The qualification will be graded as Distinction*, Distinction, Merit or Pass
5 Grade Cs or above at GCSE level
No fixed expenses