Uniform Guide and Stockists (Updated Spring 2020)
School uniform expectations for all in Years 7-11:
- Navy sweatshirt and white polo shirt with the school emblem
- Black trousers (boys and girls) – smart/tailored low lycra content. From Sept 2019 the standard trousers are compulsory (see above).
- Black skirt – knee length. From Sept 2019 the standard skirts are compulsory (see above).
- Black shoes or black trainers – only if all black. No boots.
- Pierced ears – one stud in each ear – no facial piercings and no other jewellery worn.
- Nail varnish and heavy make-up are also not part of the school uniform and will be removed if worn. No extreme hair colours.
For sports, the uniform for all in Years 7-11 is:
- Navy blue with red stripe reversible plain navy rugby/hockey shirt
- Navy, short-sleeved, button neck and collar sports shirt
- Navy blue shorts or jogging bottoms
- Navy blue long socks
- White short socks
- Sports boots with studs
Gryphon School Uniform
Gum shields and shin pads are strongly recommended
Those with pierced ears should only wear one stud in each ear. Extreme hairstyles and hair colours are not permitted since they are felt to be incompatible with uniform. In Sixth Form, there is an agreed dress code.
Personal property at school:
- If in doubt, parents are requested to seek advice about interpretation of these guidelines
- It is essential to name all items of clothing
- Lost property can be collected from the lost property store by the Geography cabins each day between 1.45 pm and 2.00 pm
- If your child is unable for any reason to temporarily attend in full school uniform, you must write to the tutor to explain why and indicate how the situation is being corrected
Suggested uniform stockists
Gryphon branded items as well as the new standard skirts and trousers can be purchased from:
Sporting Classics, Sherborne
Kitz UK, Sherborne
Southwest School Wear, Yeovil, www.swschoolwear.co.uk
Alternatively, stores such as M&S, John Lewis, Tesco’s and ASDA hold certain school uniform items that are of the same styles as those above. Uniform is to be appropriate school wear and not from fashion stores and trousers need to be shoe length [girls] rather than ankle length.
For our sweatshirts, polo shirts and PE rugby top, the listed ‘stockists’ above will be able to provide these items for you.