Due to a rise in students not being in correct uniform we would like to address this from September.
We are not changing the uniform, just giving clearer guidance and reminders of what we expect Gryphon students to be wearing when they are in school.
School uniform expectations for all in Years 7-11:
- Navy sweatshirt and white polo shirt with the school emblem
- Black trousers (boys and girls) – smart/tailored low lycra content. Not jeans or any trousers that in any way have the styling of jeans, chino’s or skinny/tight fitting/fashion trousers, including jeggings/leggings/ 3/4 lengths.
- Black skirt – knee length. No tube style/tight fitting/jersey clingy material/short skater skirts.
- Black shoes or black trainers – only if no designs or coloured panels/edging or laces.
- Pierced ears – one stud in each year – no facial piercings and no other jewellery worn.
- Nail varnish and heavy make-up are also not part of the school uniform and will be removed if worn. No extreme hair colours.
There will be examples of uniform styles in the foyer during the last few weeks of term from Monday 29 June 2017 so if you would like to see these pop in.
They will also be on display during the Year 7-10 Celebration of Achievement afternoons 12/13/14/17th July.
For sports, the uniform for all in Years 7-11 is:
- Navy blue with red stripe reversible plain navy rugby/hockey shirt
- Navy, short-sleeved, button neck and collar sports shirt
- Navy blue shorts or jogging bottoms
- Navy blue long socks
- White short socks
- Sports boots with studs
Gryphon School Uniform
Gum shields and shin pads are strongly recommended
Those with pierced ears should only wear one stud in each ear. Extreme hairstyles and hair colours are not permitted since they are felt to be incompatible with uniform. In Sixth Form, there is an agreed dress code.
Personal property at school:
- If in doubt, parents are requested to seek advice about interpretation of these guidelines
- It is essential to name all items of clothing
- Lost property can be collected from the lost property store by the Geography cabins each day between 1.45 pm and 2.00 pm
- If your child is unable for any reason to temporarily attend in full school uniform, you must write to the tutor to explain why and indicate how the situation is being corrected
Suggested uniform stockists
Gryphon branded items (sweatshirts, polo shirts and rugby tops) can be purchased from:
Sporting Classics, Sherborne
Other recommended stockists are:
Marks and Spencer
Your School Uniform
Schoolwear and More
Uniform at The Gryphon School 2017 and BeyondDownload