The A Level in Business is designed to provide a broad understanding of business and to support progress to higher education. It will provide an insight into how businesses operate and what makes them successful. Anyone thinking of joining an existing business or starting their own business needs to understand what makes a business work. Business Studies is a good fit alongside a range of other A levels and there are lots of potential opportunities to develop studies further at degree level
The topics studied are:
· What is business?
· Managers, leadership and decision making
· Decision making to improve marketing performance
· Decision making to improve operational performance
· Decision making to improve financial performance
· Decision making to improve human resource performance
· Analysing the strategic position of a business (A-level only)
· Choosing strategic direction (A-level only)
· Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies (A-level only)
· Managing strategic change (A-level only)
All the marks for all A-levels will now come in A2 assessments at the end of Year 13. Although a separate AS exam can be taken, the marks in it only count towards AS and are NOT part of the A2 assessment.A2 Business Studies has three separate papers:
Paper 1 is a 2 hour written exam worth 33.33% of the marks. It has three compulsory sections:
Paper 2 is a 2 hour written exam worth 33.33% of the marks. It has three data response compulsory questions worth approximately 33 marks each and made up of three or four part questions
Paper 3 is a 2 hour written exam worth 33.33% of the marks. It has one compulsory case study followed by approximately six questions
There is no need to have studies Business before but you will need 6 GCSEs at grade C or above and a good grade in English. There will be some mathematical content of the Business Studies A Level, so you need to have some confidence in your ability to understand/interpret financial figures and ratios
We’re hiring! Our latest vacancies include:
– Teacher of Economics
– Teacher of Psychology
– Head of Computer Science
– Head of Digital Learning (Maternity Cover)
– Teacher of Computing (Maternity Cover)
– Library Assistant (part-time)
Find out more: https://www.gryphon.dorset.sch.uk/work-for-us/vacancies/
Join us for our annual PTA quiz – a fun night out featuring:
Tickets £5 per person in advance £6 on the door
Buy your tickets early as we sell out every year!
If you are not part of a team, please return your reply slip to
reception and we will help to join individuals together to form teams of 8.
Due to licencing laws all drinks must be purchased on the premises.