Extended Project Qualification
The Extended Project Qualification is offered to students in the spring term of Year 12. It is an independent project carried out on a topic completely of your own choice.
It will help you:
- Develop and improve your own learning and performance as a critical, reflective and independent learner.
- Develop and apply decision making and, where appropriate, problem solving skills.
- Extend your planning, research, critical thinking, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills.
- Develop, where appropriate, as an e-confident Learner and apply new technologies in your studies.
- Develop and apply skills creatively, demonstrating initiative and enterprise.
- Use your learning experiences to support your personal aspirations for higher education and career development.
What do I do?
- Choose a topic to study
- Complete a production log to document the project process
- Plan, research and carry out your project
- Prepare a presentation
How will I be assessed?
You will start the process (devising a question in May of Year 12) and complete your research over the summer holidays and early part of Year 13, producing the final document and presentation by the February half term of Year 13 at the latest
- You will have regular timetable meetings with your supervisor to discuss your progress and development.
- You will be in a small group with an allocated teacher, who will guide and supervise you through the process. The format is as above but the presentation will probably be in front of your peers in your teaching group
- You have to produce a written report on your findings of 5000 words or create an artefact and 1000 word written report. This report/artefact is then assessed by your supervisor who grades it.
- You will also present your findings to a non-specialist group and take questions on your project. Assessed again by your supervisor.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. You will be invited to submit a proposal form in the spring term.
There are no expenses associated with this qualification.